Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Sunday, April 10, 2011

Rocking my Babies

There are moments in pregnancy (and of course after the baby is born!) when you feel so much happiness and pure joy that the true definition of those terms is actually tangible.
Baby Leonardo brings me that joy each and every time he or she does somersaults and handstands in Mama's uterus (trust me when I say that I am fairly certain that is exactly what is going on in there :)).
But I had an extra special moment that I had not anticipated...
While rocking my Benjamin before bed one night Baby Leonardo decided to reach out and give some love to big brother. For nearly 20 minutes my sweet baby in utero patted, bumped, rubbed, and maybe even tried to kick his or her big brother while he was comfortably snuggled up against my baby belly.
Benjamin obviously couldn't feel it (or perhaps chose to ignore it knowing there would be plenty of moments in the future when his brother or sister would simultaneously be demanding my attention :) but as the Mama I was moved to tears.
I am rocking my BABIES...together! How blessed and thankful I am for these beautiful creations in my life!

No comments:

Post a Comment